Amazon trucks are becoming more and more prevalent on roads in and around Atlanta, GA. That means Amazon truck accidents are increasing as well. If you get hurt by an Amazon truck, you may have a hard time getting the justice you deserve. Fortunately, an experienced truck accident lawyer can help.
Camera footage can help too, if the Amazon truck was fitted with one. By showing what really happened in the crash, you may be able to prove who is at fault.
How Cameras Help
Amazon truck cameras aim to make truck drivers safer and more accountable. Previously, the industry used paper logs and driver reports to track their trucks. Now, they use digital cameras. This helps companies improve safety and gather important evidence for accidents.
Truck cameras may be frustrating for truckers, but they make the roads safer for everyone. They prevent dangerous driving, hold drivers accountable, and reduce truck accidents.
How Camera Footage Affects Georgia Truck Accident Claims
Camera footage from Amazon trucks can make or break a truck accident case in Georgia. Here are some important things to know:
- Using it as key evidence: It can show the truck driver and the road conditions when the accident happened.
- Hard to access: Georgia laws and Amazon policies make it difficult to access and use the camera footage. It may take filing a lawsuit, and getting the camera footage during discovery if Amazon refuses to produce the camera footage.
- Expert help: Dealing with camera footage in Amazon truck accident cases is complicated. You need a good truck lawyer who knows the Georgia laws and how to use the footage in your case.
Recovering Compensation From Amazon Truck Accidents
Getting compensation from Amazon truck accidents is not easy. You need to prove that the truck driver or the company was negligent or at fault for the accident. You also need to show that your injuries or damages were caused by the accident. You may face challenges such as:
- Dealing with multiple parties. Oftentimes Amazon uses different contractors and subcontractors to deliver packages. You may have to deal with different insurance companies and lawyers representing these parties.
- Preserving the evidence. Amazon could try to delete or withhold the camera footage or other evidence that could support your claim. You need to act quickly and request the evidence before it is gone.
- Calculating your damages. Amazon truck accidents can cause serious injuries and losses. You need to track and account for all your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
To overcome these challenges, you need a skilled and experienced lawyer who knows how to handle Amazon truck accident cases.
Contact a Georgia Amazon Truck Accident Lawyer
At Flanagan Law we have the knowledge, experience, and resources to fight for your bottom line. We will use the Amazon truck camera footage, if possible, to prove your claim and provide the best possible outcome.
Call us now or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation with our Amazon truck accident lawyers in Atlanta.